Inspired by my friend Sam—and spurred on by my rapidly approaching 25th birthday (quarter-life crisis?)—I decided to create a “30 by 30” list! I’ve lived an incredibly blessed life. Yet, I’ve realized that it’s a bit too easy to fall into a comfortable routine during busy times. Hopefully this will inspire me to shake it up a bit more often!
Here are two-and-a-half dozen to-dos that I want to tackle within the next five years:
- Be in a wedding as part of the bridal party (we’ll consider the bride part later!)
Run a fundraising race for charity Fill up my race medal rack by the end of 2013
- Watch the sun set in at least two more continents
- Participate in RAGBRAI
- Fall in love
Get my personal training certification
- Swim with dolphins
Join a book club
- Begin a gratitude journal
- Go white water rafting
Eat a piece of cake, brownie, cinnamon roll, etc. with zero guilt Take a nap (this seems to be a skill I lost somewhere around high school)
- Start learning a new language
- Spend one week completely off the grid…no cheating!
- Plan a vacation around a 10K, half-marathon or other fitness event
- Take a photography class
- Give a Kiva loan
- Complete a full month of “photo a day”
- Go on a trip with my whole immediate family now that we’re all adults
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Do at least one pull-up
- Teach someone how to do something really meaningful and new
- Learn how to surf
- Make one week complaint-free
- Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity
- Do something truly spontaneous
- Take a trapeze class
- Be able to turn my brain off and just “be” during corpse pose in yoga or be able to meditate without a wandering mind
- Climb a mountain
This weekend, I’m starting to tackle number one—my sister Sarah and I are co-hosting my sister Amy’s bridal shower/bachelorette party! Since Amy and her fiance Joe are headed to Italy for their honeymoon, we’re having an Italian theme. Salute and talk to you after the festivities!
What is on your bucket list?