Pumpkin and cinnamon, peppermint and chocolate, peanut butter and jelly…What’s your favorite flavor combination?
PB&C (peanut butter and chocolate) is one hot combo this time of year, thanks to those ever-popular Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins! Inspired by that Halloween favorite, I set out to make a healthier dessert that was just as sweet and delicious. Could I do it?
You be the judge.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait
- 1 5.3- to 6-ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 drops vanilla stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter cereal (I used Whole Foods 365 Peanut Butter Balls), crumbled
- Stir cocoa powder and stevia into yogurt until evenly combined.
- Layer a scoop of yogurt and a tablespoon of cereal crumbs in a glass or small bowl until you have used all of each.
- Allow to chill in the freezer for 30 minutes if you prefer a more moose-like texture, otherwise just grab a spoon and enjoy!
Nutrition information (calculated with 0% Vanilla Chobani): 177 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 21 % calcium
You can have this whole quick fix dessert for the same amount of calories as two of those mini Reese’s pumpkins, plus, these parfaits have four times as much protein and 1/10 the fat! No tricks here.
Which Halloween candy did you wish to see most in your trick-or-treating bag as a kid?
Reese’s of any kind were right up there for me, but it’s hard to beat a Snickers bar!