Happy Sunday! I’ve spent a lovely, relaxing weekend celebrating my parents’ 32nd anniversary (!) after a fun week that included an outdoor concert, a work outing to the Iowa State Fair and plenty of walks to enjoy the picture perfect weather. Hopefully those walks will turn into runs soon after my podiatrist appointment on Tuesday!
We’ll get to the purpose of the picture above soon. First, here are some links that caught my eye lately—it’s been quite a while since the last Sunday morning round-up!
- Running like crazy but gaining, rather than losing lbs? Fit2Flex explains five factors that might be weighing on you.
- Just in time for the first school bell, Momables recently shared 10 unique brown bag ideas for those who are already sandwich-ed out. I wrapped up my days in the classroom years ago, but I have a feeling those sweet potato and black bean burritos would be just as tasty when eaten in the office.
- Wellness is about body and mind. Hopefully in the coming weeks and months I can follow Theodora’s lead and add some meditation to my life for better balance.
- Since the accident, my fitness routine has mainly been limited to walking. FITNESS magazine’s “Pool It!” routine looks like an ideal low-impact way to dip my toe (*groan*) back into more intense workouts. Once I get the OK from the docs, of course!
- Chocolate-Covered Katie does it again! I bet you can’t guess the vegetable she hid in a pan of decadent chocolate brownies…
Back to those goodies pictured above…
I love giving subscription boxes as gifts since they act as a reminder that I’m thinking of the recipient each time they get a new delivery! So when the folks at Bestowed reached out and asked if I’d be interested in trying out—and giving away—one of their wellness-minded subscription boxes, it seemed like the perfect partnership. Each box is filled with items hand-picked by Bestowed founder and registered dietitian Heather Bauer. You can see above what mine included (the towelettes were perfect for a quick refresh after hot yoga and I’ll be using the Dr. Praeger’s free product coupon on a grocery run in the near future!). A pretty neat selection for less than $20.
Each of you can get $5 off by using the code 5OFFBSTOWED01 while ordering on bestowed.com, and one lucky winner will score a one-month subscription free. Consider it a thank you for sticking with me during my less-than-consistent posting schedule lately—and for being so kind and supportive even after I didn’t complete the race I wouldn’t stop talking about!
There are three ways to enter before 12 p.m. CT Thursday, August 15, and you are welcome to enter in more than one way:
- Comment below describing what would fill your dream subscription box.
- Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest to stay up-to-date on all Healthful Bites happenings, then comment on this post telling me that you did so. (Each counts as one entry.)
- Since I’m always looking to create content you’re interested in, leave a comment or tweet me to share what future posts you’d like to see here on Healthful Bites.